hi

Because under 18's (or so) face different pressures.

hi

Postby animal lover » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:31 pm

Hi my name is Megan i am 13 and i have been SH for 2 years. I am now at the point where i want to SH but at the same time i don't.

I am going on a youth camp for christians in 2 weeks and i don't know what to do if i get tempted to SH i will be away for a week and usually SH at least once a day.

What shall I do, Please help.
Megan.x
animal lover

Postby lepry » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:55 pm

maybe this week away will give you the chance to start not harming...if you don't take your tools you will be forced to stay safe for the week kind of thing? and in staying safe maybe you can find a new way of coping? x
lepry

Postby asc » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:31 pm

I echo what lepry has said - this week could be a chance to stop self-harming.

If you can explain to one of the leaders they may be able to support you. If you could download some material - e.g. from www.scar-tissue.net or the Secret Shame site, which are reputable sites giving information to friends and carers of those who self-harm, it might help you to explain.

People who have never done it find it hard to understand how it can serve a temporary purpose (much as getting drunk does for others) but, as with using drink, the effect is only temporary and there are adverse long-term effects and addiction problems, so we need to learn other was of handling the stress or other feelings which make us self-harm.
asc

hi

Postby animal lover » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:36 pm

It is harder than that because i have gone 3 weeks before and then started again and i dont feel as if God is there anymore so it will be hard with all the bible readings and singing and stuff.
Megan.xxx
animal lover

Postby anna_spanner » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:51 pm

Hi megan,
i understand how hard it is, but it could be a good opportunity even though it is mega hard. Maybe you could use this time to talk to someone about how hard things are for you? Try and gain some support? Being around people at a camp can be really hard, but at the same time, it could help you not to do anything and allow people to talk to you, pray with you etc? Does anyone who you're going with know?
You don't have to necessarily take part in everything at the camp, it can be a time to chill out.
Will be praying for you,
Anna x
anna_spanner

Postby Keziah » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:26 pm

Megan,
am praying the Camp will be a really positive time for you. If leaders are concerned about you, try and use that opportunity to get support if you want it; remember to tell them you have medical support at home, so they know you are gettng the professional back up.

God loves you right where you are - there is no need to feel awkward about worshipping Him if you are struggling.

Kezzie x
Keziah

Postby Hash » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:23 pm

Hey Hun.

Just wanted to say welcome to the site.

I am really glad that a part of you wants to stop self harming.

I am proabablt repeting what others have said but try and reach out and share with someone close to you about it and get the help you need.

Hash
Hash

Postby asc » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:07 am

Hi Megan

I hope my age hasn't put you off!

I do hope you are managing to resist the urges. I also hope that your hamsters are OK. The younger ratties are having a mutual pinning session at the moment with a lot of squeaking.

Ann, Peanut, Snowy, Poppy, Ratina and Ratara!
asc

Return to Youth Zone