For Eating Disorder Sufferers...

For and about self harmers / people with other issues

Postby Abbie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:05 am

The next eating disorder course at Nicholaston House is the end of August - have a look at the website and see what you think.
Abs x
Abbie

Postby cloudy_day » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:40 am

I looked at the website and it looks very good and I would like to attend one. I saw that the one in aug is on the 26th for a few days, I fly out to africa then, and I come back on the 6th October when the next one starts. Is there any more after that. Or anything else being held anywhere?
cloudy_day

Postby Abbie » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:34 pm

I can't tell you the exact dates off the top of my head, but they will be on the website. There are very few of us who run them so we can't do it as often as we'd like. I think there's one in March as well?

A x
Abbie

*TRIGGERING*

Postby Angel_Rachie » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:53 pm

*TRIGGERING*

Hi I used to have Bulimia but have been free for a year now. I have just been challenged over the past few months (particularly by my family) that perhaps I still have a slight problem with food. As I am really struggling with JO-JO dieting. I really want to over-come this. I have worked hard to beat Bulimia and I dont want this to have a hold on my life.

Have also read some of Helena Wilkinsons books and they really helped me in the past. Have been reading her book 'the joy of surrender' lately. It's really easy to understand and has been helping to move towards surrendering this JO-JO dieting to God.

Like I really want to do the right thing...but just not sure how. I wish it was as simple as just stopping doing it.
'I may not be where I want to be, but thank GOD I'm NOT where I used to be!'
Angel_Rachie

Postby Hash » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:12 am

Angel Rachie,

Do you want to start a seperate post about this so that you get the support of others on the forum?

Hash
Hash

Postby Angel_Rachie » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:21 am

I'm confused...i thought that you were to post stuff about ED here...if not then sure i'll start another thread.
'I may not be where I want to be, but thank GOD I'm NOT where I used to be!'
Angel_Rachie

Postby Hash » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:32 am

You can do either or but your probably more likely to get peoples help if you have your own thread

Hash
Hash

Re: For Eating Disorder Sufferers...

Postby mermaidzen » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:49 pm

Not sure if I have an eating disorder or not. I go days without eating or eating very little and then pig out for a few days on chocolate and crisps. I don't do it to loss weight, although I am over weight. I stop eatting because I don't think I deserve food then feel so rough from not eatting eat loads of chocolate and juck and then feel quilty and so stop eatting again. Is this just me being silly, do I just need to stop messing around and eat?
Zen

Remember God loves you :) I know he loves me as well and has a plan for me :) just wish he would hurry up with it as I can't take much more of this pain :(
mermaidzen

Re: For Eating Disorder Sufferers...

Postby Eppie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:58 pm

Hi Zen,
Eating disorders are often about what is behind your actions with food, so if your disordered eating patterns are down to feelings abotu whether you are worthy to eat etc, it might be worth thinking about what triggers that.
Maybe have a look at some of the information on the Anorexia Bulimia Care website at www.anorexiabulimiacare.co.uk
Write more if you need some help... some of us on here have struggled or do struggle with ED as well as SH so might be able to help
E x
Eppie

Previous

Return to Self Harmers