Want to overdose and self harm

For and about self harmers / people with other issues

Want to overdose and self harm

Postby Hash » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:53 pm

I can't say why but I want to overdose and self harm and Peter is going away till the end of the week.

Hash
Hash

Re: Want to overdose and self harm

Postby Keziah » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:42 am

Can you use some of the strategies that you have been taught?

Is it being alone that is a trigger? If so what helps you?

Or failing that contact a health practitioner if you feel that would help and you need more NHS support than you have - you can be referred to a crisis team by a gp/any dr at anytime.
Keziah

Postby Hash » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:30 pm

I tried crisis team and they went through to an answer machine and I didn't have courage enough to leave a message, I will try again at five as I am only allowed to phone crisis team after five before that the GP's meant to be first port of call and I have an appointment with her at 5:10pm on Friday thats when everyone is deserting me.

Peter has gone to Germany and I am here with my father in law who is lovely but doesn't know I am in crisis. I have handed all my medication over to Peter but I still have my blades and I just worry I am going to do something when I am on my own.

I have extra medication to take in crisis and I am taking it but not much.

I can use some of my mindfulness techniques and see if they help.

hash
Hash

Postby Keziah » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:34 pm

Well it is after 5 now so you can ring them. Or tell your gp when see her that you need her to refer you to crisis team.

You can always get an emergency gp apt in the day and then use crisis at 5.01pm . Once crisis take you on you have 24/7 access until they discharge.
Keziah

Postby Hash » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:40 pm

I am not suicidal just very desperate and impulsive.

I can email my GP and get her to call me tomorrow.

My father in law doesn't know I am in crisis so I can't let on that there is anything a miss.

I don't have the courage t phone the crisis team I don't want anyone to know how I am feeling.

I wished I had told my psychiatrist that peter would be away as he knows I am in crisis.

I don't generally find the crisis team very helpful.

Hash
Hash

Postby Hash » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:24 pm

I emailed my GP and she has yet to get back to me.

THe problem is tomorrow, my father in law goes in the morning, sheila comes over for a few hours then leaves thens my chance before I go to the doctors. Peter doesn't arrive home till really late from Germany.

Today I felt totally exhausted and we hardly did anything just went to an exhibition in the Tate. I feel so exhausted though and no where near ready to cook dinner and empty the dishwasher etc.

I am taking extra medication but its hard cos its knocking me out.

Hash
Hash

Postby Keziah » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:21 pm

Can you go out for a coffee/walk dogs/do shopping/see someone from church to to fill a few hours when you are alone?

It sounds like you have people there for earlier part of the day so maybe book things for later on?

And if you struggle you can contact crisis team after 5pm, perhaps for a chat or contact 111 for an out of hours gp appointment?

No idea how your gp practice works but with mine can ring at 8 for same day apt, but it is not usually with a gp of own choosing.
Keziah

Postby Hash » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:46 pm

I saw my GP she was very helpful and I watched a dance program on sky 1 and had a bath and then it was nearly ten and I just had to get through till eleven.

I got through and today hubbie bought me a treat so it was really nice.

I feel more steady now Ive been taking extra medication to get me through the time with the permission of my psych of course and its really helped.

Hash
Hash

Return to Self Harmers