Volunteering and loosing my BPD label

For and about self harmers / people with other issues

Volunteering and loosing my BPD label

Postby Hash » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:45 pm

I am on a mission at the moment to get my Borderline label lost. I spoke to my Psychologist yesterday and we went through the diagnostic criteria, there are six criteria and I have only three of them if we really stretch things. So hopefully soon I will just be diagnosed as Anxiety and Depression.

I am also doing some organising on my volunteering, just waiting for security checks and references and waiting to hear when my interview is. I am going to work at an adventure playground for people with special educational needs and disabled children from the ages of 5 til 19.

THe psychiatrist and I have worked wonders with the medications I have to reduce and remove one medication from my mix in the next six months. I am on two Anti Psychotics as well as Lithium and an anti depressant that is over the maximum level and Benzodiazipines.

Hash
Hash

Re: Volunteering and loosing my BPD label

Postby sally » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:20 pm

Hello Hash,

you have done really well in progressing your application for voluntary work with the children. That sounds like it could be extremely rewarding. I know when I was going in to infants school as a volunteer, I sometimes felt so low I didn't want to go, but after being amongst the children I nearly always left feeling a bit brighter, if exhausted. I hope it will be the same for you.

I also never fully fitted the bpd diagnosis. I tolerated the diagnosis so I could do the dialectic behavioural therapy, but definitely didn't fit the criteria by the end, which I was really pleased about. I wish you well! It's great you have so much support from this psychologist.

Let us know when you are starting reducing from one of your meds so we can be praying for you.

Sally
sally

Postby Hash » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:53 pm

I got my interview,

It's next Tuesday at 2pm.

I am really worried.

Also I talked to my Psychiatrist about changing my diagnosis and he is going to go through the diagnostic criteria with me next week if I remind him.

He said we could do a questionnaire thing to confirm the change and I would be diagnosed with reoccurring depression.

hash
Hash

Postby sally » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:07 pm

Hash,

I'll be thinking of you especially next Tuesday. Hope it goes well.

And hope your next session goes well thinking through about BPD and changing your diagnosis.

best wishes, sally
sally

Postby Keziah » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:55 pm

Hope your interview goes well.

if you lose your BPD label will that affect what level of support you can access from NHS if you chose to go back under NHS or will NHS still accept that diagnosis and ignore private psychiatrist?
Keziah

Postby sally » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:31 pm

Hello Hash,

How are you? And how did your interview go? Sorry to be slow to ask - I have been thinking of you,

Sally
sally

Return to Self Harmers