Sally how are things

For and about self harmers / people with other issues

Sally how are things

Postby Keziah » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:08 pm

Sally, how are things for you? Was praying and realised I had not read a post about you for a white. I hope it is because things are great.

Are you still busy with your volunteering?
Keziah

Re: Sally how are things

Postby sally » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:30 pm

Hello,

I am just back from nearly 2 weeks away. Thank you for caring. I had been quiet before although I came on to the site each day. So little reception where I was in Dorset that I struggled to send a text some days let alone come online!

I was finding things hard while my Mum was visiting my oldest sister in America for nearly a month. But we have been together in a tent in Dorset and my mood has picked up now. Still struggling with bulimia but I dont write much about that on here.

Thank you again, Sally
sally

Postby Hash » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:57 pm

I am really glad your okay I had been worried about you.

I am sorry that your bulimia is still a struggle for you Sally. I wish I would magic it better for you. It must be so difficult. I don't know what your church is like but Mine is obsessed with food, every course and every house group has food involved in it. I don't know whether you have ever done the church course on Eating disorders HTB do it and my church does it and I have found it really helpful for my eating issues before.

recovery is a long road but you can find freedom it won't be like this forever.

Hash
Hash

Postby sally » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:32 pm

Thank you Hash.

No, I haven't done that course. At the moment I am under treatment at the EDU. I was seeing a great psychologist but had my 20 sessions so that has ended. But I am going to start working with their community team to help me continue with introducing more foods.

I meet the new lady next Wednesday afternoon in a Costa. When we spoke on the phone, she said she would be able to eat meals with me! Hearing my hesitation, she then added or maybe snacks. I agreed I was definitely only on the snack stage!! And pretty near the start of that. Each thought of change raises so much fear, I hope she respects how small my steps forward might need to be.

Sally
sally

Postby Hash » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:38 pm

Baby steps, just little by little.

THe course I am talking about is called the ID course, it is really really good, google it and you might get some info.

If you need to stay at the snack stage and slowly slowly then that is ok.

Hash
Hash

Postby sally » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:25 pm

I'll look it up Hash. Thank you
sally

Postby Eppie » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:55 pm

Interesting to know you are doing the new id course Hash...I helped run one at my church a few years ago.
Have you met the new lady Sally? How was it? Do you think she is going to respect steps at your pace? I think that's a good way to do it. I certainly started off v v slowly when I began.
E x
Eppie

Return to Self Harmers