harmed ***maytrig sh******

For and about self harmers / people with other issues

Re: harmed ***maytrig sh******

Postby Keziah » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:42 pm

Might be worth a look? I live in a small village and on reading notices in a shop saw there is a local art group here. I always assume there are more things where more people are, it is just finding out sometimes? Hope you find something.
Keziah

Postby Hash » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:53 pm

i will see what I can find out!

London is a big place and the people around where I live mostly work really really hard and work long hours and there are a lot of groups for mums and babies as the area is known as Nappy valley.

I will look into all my options tomorrow.

Hash
Hash

Postby Keziah » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Hash where I live it is also a place of most people working. Hence I was surprised when saw different groups on etc. hope you find something local.
Keziah

Postby Eppie » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:41 pm

Is there a local library where it might be worth asking? They sometimes know of things like that...
Eppie

Postby Hash » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:17 pm

Yes there is a local library

Ive decided to peruse a voluntary position at the Lady allen Adventure playground working with children who are disabled or who have special educational needs and there siblings. I have been up to the grounds, just up the road from me, and got an application form and I need to have an interview and do security CRB checks which are now called something different.

Peter and my father in law say to not tell them I am Borderline but to tell them I have anxiety and depression which is true. I have to say all my working history and half of it I have to say I am a housewife.

Peter is going away whilst my in laws are in Scotland and Dorset and my parents are in Dorset and my psych is away and my therapist is in Ireland so I am dreading that, I have never had time on my own for two days before.

Hash
Hash

Postby Hope » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:58 pm

When are those 2 days Hash? I'm away quite a bit over the next few weeks, but I can put a reminder on my phone calendar to especially pray then
If anyone wants to check out my poetry on the theme of self-injury, I've created a website http://poetryscape.wordpress.com/anonym ... s-homepage
Hope

Postby sally » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:07 pm

Hash,

I like your idea of volunteering with disabled children and siblings for you. Good luck with your application.

That will be a challenge for those 2 days. Could you arrange something definite to do for part of each day to help you structure some of the time? I can be praying too.

Sally
sally

Postby Hash » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:06 pm

I am going to fill in my application this weekend as I have nothing to do.

I have decided to stay down in Dorset with my mum and dad for the two days Peter is away We are going down there on the friday so peter will just come up on the Sunday night to London and fly to Zurich on the Monday morning really early and I will stay down with my parents and Peter will get in to City Airport on Tuesday night and drive directly down to Corfe to sleep the night and drive back at 4am Wednesday morning.

I am feeling a little low at the moment and liable to harm.

Hash
Hash

Postby Hash » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:15 pm

Feeling better today!

THat application form is an absolute nightmare. It is really really difficult.

Hash
Hash

Postby sally » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Hello Hash,

Have you managed to complete the application form yet? Some forms are really challenging, I know.

Well done deciding to stay on in Dorset with your parents for the 2 days when Peter is away. That sounds a really wise decision, so not leaving yourself so vulnerable.

How have you been feeling over the last few days?

Sally
sally

Postby Hash » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:19 pm

I have asked hubbie for help with the form so tomorrow after work we are going to tackle it together. I am not sure what I am going to tell the peeps about my history, I have decided I am only going to put that I have anxiety and depression instead of BPD cos they won't understand BPD and will want to look it up.

I have also decided that I am not going to put in it my position as Special needs assistant cos I would have to put that I had to leave suddenly ( overdose).

My friend who I worked for as a play worker for a few years and carer for her little boy, THomas who has brain damage and gets fed through a tube. Is going to give me a reference which is great!

I feel okay just a little down cos everyone is away. My hubbie is going away on the fourth and fifth of August.

Hash
Hash

Postby Hope » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Hi Hash, did you get the form done together? And how's it going with hubbie away? Continuing to pray for you...

Hope x
Hope

Previous

Return to Self Harmers