how are you?

For and about self harmers / people with other issues

how are you?

Postby sally » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:00 pm

The site has been particularly quiet recently, so I just decided to create a post where anyone can just say stuff if they want to. I thought it might help us to check in and connect a little.

I was knocked off my bike 8 days ago - nothing serious but with a long-term back problem I have been suffering a bit extra. It left me feeling a bit vulnerable too and my mood has dropped a little. But I'm enjoying seeing daffodils and crocus coming up so they cheer me up.

So how are you?

Sally
sally

Re: how are you?

Postby Keziah » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:46 am

Hi Sally.
Gosh that sounds horrible and painful! I hope it eases every day for you and is not making things too difficult.

Life here has been so hectic. Struggling to get things done in the day; really missed time for me to just breathe recently which is always helpful. Even reading a paper would be a real treat right now. Mainly work and a toddler is a tricky combination. But a happy healthy toddler so that is a blessing!!

Spring flowers and lighter nights are such a welcome here! Hope to get a nice walk in tomorrow in a place with lots of spring flowers.
Keziah

Postby Hash » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:48 pm

AWE Sally, You poor thing for being knocked off your bike, Your very brave to use it in the first place especially in your area. I hope your back feels better soon.

My dear Keziah, I am sorry to hear life is quite busy with toddler and work but your right what a blessing you have a happy healthy toddler, my next door neighbours have a 3 year old and a 7 month old baby both seriously ill.

I am doing okay, I finish my therapy soon which is a relief but the wandsworth complex needs service is not supplying anyone to oversea my medication which means no psych and I am on a tonne of medication. Apparently in my area all the people with complex needs, bipolar, depression etc are being discharged from the CMHT into the community so they will have no 3 month or 6 month reviews of their health at all which seems really ludicrous, basically the CMHT will only have the serious of serious cases like the Schizophrenics etc to deal with. Its fire fighting at its worse.

Anyway over to you guys,

Hash
Hash

Postby sally » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:21 pm

argh! Post monster just ate my long message. makes me feel like giving up but I'll try to write some of it again.

Thank you for replying. i appreciate feeling a bit more connecting and hearing how others are.

Kezzie, life must be non stop busy with a little one full of energy and inquisitiveness as well as keeping up with your work and being home maker. No idea if this is possible but wondered if Daddy could have some special son time maybe on a Saturday morning while you could go to a local coffee shop and read that newspaper? Like you say, time to breath is quite important!!

Hash, the reshuffling of CMHTs is beyond understanding to most sensible people! It seems if they leave people unsupported, then some of them will get into crisis more quickly and then they'll get attention again. I pray that wont be your experience Hash, although it is what happened with me about 18 months ago. I completed DBT with weekly input, changed back to my regular psychologist and saw him fortnightly and then the reshuffle began. I was left with no support for 10 months, ending up in crisis and having to go in to a crisis house cos I didn't feel I could keep myself safe ... and then they found someone I could see regularly!! But you aren't talking about regular input are you, just the overseeing by psychiatrist? Or have I misunderstood.

I think my back pain is easing slightly but each time I try cardio stuff, the pain escalates again. Should I go to pilates tomorrow and just be careful or not? The gym routine really helps my head and helps with my mood which is why i continue to keep trying it. And I need that at the moment cos my mood has really dropped with unhelpful thoughts and urges. I think some of that might be triggered by the pain but I am also seeing a very good psychologist at the EDU for a few weeks and deep painful stuff is coming up there. But I made myself get out to church today and asked a couple of friends to pray for me so that was good.

Who else might like to post on here? Or feel free to start your own thread if you prefer.

thank you, Sally
sally

Postby Eppie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:55 pm

Thanks for the news girls. It's nice to hear from people.
Really sorry to hear about the bike accident Sally. That must have been scary. Could you go to Pilates and ask for advice about which things you could and couldn't do to stay safe, bit still get the benefit of routine and going I wonder? Really glad you could ask people to pray for you today.
Kezzie, things sound v v hectic! Hash I agree the cmht changes sound unhelpful.
I have been a bit quiet because I started a new job recently, and it's very tiring. It's good as well tho, just an awful lot of work! My anxiety levels are bad at the moment due to some other stuff so I have been feeling a bit low. Despite having a bad Fri night and Sat am the rest of the weekend has been with people which has been good. E x
Eppie

Postby Hash » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:27 pm

Sally, How did Pilates go.
I am sorry you are going through some hard stuff with a Psychologist at the moment.

Eppie, I am sorry you are a little low at the moment, is your new job in the same area you were in before.

Hash
Hash

Postby sally » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:25 pm

I just did the gym and postponed pilates for another week. I was singing as I cycled today so my mood must be better. Next psychology appointment this afternoon.

Eppie, high anxiety is so horrible isn't it. Well done trying to be with people in the evenings to help you through the harder time of the day. i pray the daytime sunshine brings you some warmth, tho not sure you get to see much of that as you leave for work quite early. Is it congratulations with this new job? Sorry it's more stressful and so demanding at the moment. I pray that will ease over time. Would you think of buying yourself a couple of bunches of daffodils to add a bit of brightness in your home? If that feels manageable, think of them as from us on here.

hash, I hope you get lots from this therapy while you still have it. what aftercare will they set up for you?

Thinking of you too Kezzie, asking Father God to refresh and renew your strength.

Not forgotten Ruth too. And others who are on here at times.

best wishes, Sally
sally

Postby Hash » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:19 pm

Sally,

IN answer to your question, No aftercare, No Psychiatrist and no support apart from the GP. Luckily my therapist at Family therapy has decided to prolong our family therapy for another six months.

Hash
Hash

Postby sally » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:32 pm

Oh Hash,

I'm really glad the family therapy will continue and another 6 months sounds a good addition.

But abandoning someone with no input just seems stupid and short sighted. How well are you getting on with your new Gp? I pray that develops to be very supportive for you.

Sally
sally

Postby Hash » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:28 pm

very well! getting on with my GP very well.

Hows your back?

Hash
Hash

Postby Eppie » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:03 am

Hello Sally, how is your back? And how are you doing with the psychologist?
I loved the daffodils idea....Thank you! Now the days are a bit longer I am mostly coming and going in the light which helps! H x
Eppie

Postby sally » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:00 pm

HI all,

Eppie, I'm really pleased you enjoyed your daffodils. I hope you might do that again when you can.

My back is improving slowly. I saw my own osteopath 10 days ago. She said I was twisted and started to put me right and hopes to finish the job this friday. She said I"d be in too much pain to correct it all in one go, but it helped with the neck pain a lot. It's expensive having a bad back! It's what most of my benefits go on.

I was with Mum and my niece and nephew this w/e while my sister and Mr had a couple of days away. Didn't see much of the kids (they're 12 and 14) yesterday cos they were out doing stuff with others in their youth group. But I din't lie down for long enough and made to using my TENS alot. I think that might be why I am so sore today. But finding it hard to relax before all the jobs are done!

Kezzie, how are you feeling at the moment?

best wishes,
Sally
sally

Postby Hash » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:27 pm

sally,

Sorry that your money goes on Osteopaths and back treatment. Did your Osteopath alter the rest of your back twisting today?

Hash
Hash

Postby sally » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:35 pm

Hiya,

yes, my osteopath gave me a good massage and thinks I'm a bit straighter now! Her last treatment definitely improved things and stopped my neck being so achy. Not feeling the benefits of todays treatment yet but put an icepack onto my shoulder and got rid of the pain there for a bit!

How are others,
Sallyx
sally

Postby Eppie » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:42 pm

Did you begin to feel the benefits of the osteopath, Sally? I hope so!
I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed by work, but thankfully hit the weekend in an 'ok' place, so that's helped me to relax a bit more today.
E x
Eppie

Postby sally » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:41 pm

Eppie,

sorry your work is so demanding and sometimes leads you to feel overwhelmed. That's horrible. I'm really glad by Friday it was feeling a little bit easier so you have been able to unwind during the w/e.

I will be praying for you especially in this coming week,

sally
sally

Postby Hash » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:37 pm

Eppie,

THinking of you with regards to work,

Hash
Hash

Postby Keziah » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:11 pm

hope some time off with Easter looming will help Eppie. Work can be so demanding.

I am just overwhelmed with long to-do lists and feel like housework is really suffering, so that is my plan for Easter - tidy, sort, de-junk, clean. Not the most exciting. But necessary. And I long to be in med before midnight, but prefer to do things at night and not get up til nearer 7!
Keziah

Postby Hash » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:48 pm

good luck with your de cluttering and cleaning Kezzie,

Hash
Hash

Postby sally » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:01 pm

Hi Kezzie,

sometimes I get really scared of to-do-lists and when I review what is on them, I can see that they are completely unrealistic to get done in the time allowed! Make sure you don't wipe yourself out in your blitz of the place!! But I hope it helps you feel a bit more on top with your home fresh and de-cluttered.

I hope you can schedule in some trips to the park and maybe a coffee shop for little outings with your gorgeous son!!

Sally
sally

Next

Return to Self Harmers