Update and prayer request for Ruthee

For and about self harmers / people with other issues

Update and prayer request for Ruthee

Postby Hash » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:48 pm

Ruth has gone into hospital in her home town under the care of the Neuro's for a specific treatment that is meant to get rid of migraines, it's worth pointing out at this stage that she doesn't think she has migraines but she still believes the pain in her brain and her deteriorating sight is due to pressure in the brain. It's also worth highlighting that this treatment that they want to give her makes pressure in the brain increase if you do have it.So I believe its a week long treatment and it affects all sorts of other systems like blood pressure.

Ruth would value your prayers for this and also cos a friendship she was really cherishing has come under attack and this has really devastated her at the same time.

If Anything I have said is wrong ruthee I apologise just trying to get you prayer covered.

Hash
Hash

Re: Update and prayer request for Ruthee

Postby sally » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:10 pm

Thank you for the update Hash. I was wondering how she was before I came on line.
It all sounds so horrible and frightening for Ruth. And trying to deal with friendship upsets too. We will be praying for her especially this week.

Sal
sally

Postby Beautifully_Broken » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:56 pm

Hey,

Thank you Hash for keeping everyone on here updated about my situation. I appreciate you taking the time to do this and all the prayers that this has created.

Hash is right, I am currently in hospital for a treatment used to treat migraines. So far the side effects and been pretty brutal and there has been no relief from my headache at all. At this stage, I am finding it very hard to believe that this treatment will make any difference to me. There has been a lot of drama, with today being a particularly hard day for me. My cannula stopped working this morning and after several failed attempts at getting a new cannula in, the ICU doctor was called. He managed to get a cannula in with the help of an ultrasound scanner, but this delayed treatment for 3 hours, so I'm currently running just over 3 hours late.

I see my consultant tomorrow, so prayers that he will understand my viewpoint and suggest some other treatment would be fab!

As Hash said, one of my best friends has cut me out his life. He lied to me, shouted at me and then tried to say that I had hurt him. Our friendship is not salvageable, he has completely broken any trust we had and I am deeply hurt by his actions, but also by his timing. He knew I was coming in to hospital and he knew I wasn't looking forward to it and he sent me his final 'I never want to talk or see you again' text an hour after I arrived on the ward. This friend is a member of my church, so it's unlikely that we won't run in to each other at one point or another. Please pray for a healing of hearts as this has devastated me like Hash said.

I really appreciate all your prayers and kind messages from you all. It really means so much, especially when I am around here so little at the moment.

I will try and post an update, or get Hash to post something on my behalf.

Thanks and best wishes,

Ruth x
With Jesus I can take it,
With Him I know I can stand,
No matter what may come my way,
My life is in your hands.

It's lonely when you don't even know yourself...
Beautifully_Broken

Postby Hope » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:20 pm

Praying for you now...
If anyone wants to check out my poetry on the theme of self-injury, I've created a website http://poetryscape.wordpress.com/anonym ... s-homepage
Hope

Postby Beautifully_Broken » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:47 pm

Just to update further what's been happening.

My treatment I was getting for my pain hasn't worked, so my doctor decided to stop it as it's got potentially life threatening side effects. He's also let me home!

I know this sounds bad, but actually things are moving forward and things are looking up. I have a new consultant. This one actually listened to me today and agreed that I am not suffering from migraines. He also disagreed with the other consultants I've had, and he's referring me back to neurosurgery. It's very likely that I will need to go back in to hospital for a surgical procedure to measure my pressure over a set amount of time. I find myself joking about this, but only because it scares me. The thought of having a hole drilled in to my skull terrifies me, but it is something that my consultant is recommending. This referral really interferes with my future. It can take up to 12 weeks to get a referral, and that's only for a consultation and I'm due back at uni in a couple of months. I will need to decide what I do. Do I drop out of uni and see if they'll take me back or just give up and do something else? These are questions that I don't really want to answer right now, but I don't have a choice.

Please pray for me. That an appointment comes up quickly, that I will know what to do with my future and know where God is leading me.

Thanks, Ruth xxx
With Jesus I can take it,
With Him I know I can stand,
No matter what may come my way,
My life is in your hands.

It's lonely when you don't even know yourself...
Beautifully_Broken

Postby sally » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:53 pm

Ruthee,

I'm glad this treatment has been acknowledged and not helpful for you and you have finally seen a consultant who has listened to you and agrees with the genuine diagnosis.

It does sound a big operation, but if it relieves all the headaches and pain you have been battling with for so long, that would be amazing. We will definitely pray that you are not left waiting for these appointments. Perhaps the doctor can make this referral urgent after all the other waiting you have done and the severity of the pain?

I can see how timing will affect decisions about returning to study, but if you are in this much pain, how will you possibly cope with all the course work? Might the uni be willing to let you defer for another 6 months possibly?

so you are back home for now?

I am praying for you. I can imagine that the pain about the sudden end to this friendship has added to your pain and stress so I am thinking of you lots as you start to come to terms with that.

best wishes, sally
sally

Postby Eppie » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:35 pm

oh Ruth, what a battle you are in. Very glad to hear that you have a new consultant. Tho so sorry what he's suggesting is such a big procedure. Any news of an appt date yet? E x
Eppie

Postby Keziah » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:37 pm

How frustrating trying to get a correct diagnosis and treatment. Great you have a more useful consultant.

Any chance you can ask for any cancellation appointment?

Or complain about dh's treating you in appropriately or incorrectly and now having to wait to see a consultant for 12 weeks? Not sure it would work. Or if a private consultation is an option?

Praying for you as you have decisions to make.

If it was me I would plan to return to Uni and see what happens. If the dr's do nothing you have lost nothing. Have you completed year one? Is it possible to complete year one, then if need to take time out do year two on a part time basis? Or have time out again? It may take longer to get there but in years to come when we pray your health is stable and you are working in your chosen field how you goes there is not relevant. Understand it is difficult when relying on NHS appointments and no certainty of diagnosis or treatment.
Keziah

Return to Self Harmers