Tough times

For and about self harmers / people with other issues

Tough times

Postby Keziah » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi, life has been tough these past months. My toddler is delightful and makes everything worthwhile but it does not mean life events are not hard. A parent died in the last year which has out many demands on me and hard to grieve. My husband has been ill in hospital twice these last weeks, which has been stressful and hard to do everything.

Our one week away this year has been cancelled and I am now finding that hard. Not able to afford abroad so by the time my husband able to go away I will not be able to and a week away in Dec does not appeal to me in the UK!! Last year we had no holiday due to a parent dying and it feels a long time since I have had a rest away from the continual housework and the family ( extended that is).

Trying not to be jealous of people with their tans and nice holiday stories right now when all I hoped for was a week in Yorkshire but am so exhausted. Husband not able to do any childcare so it is hard as we normally both do things in the house. And the stress of serious family illness and surgery is horrid.
Keziah

Re: Tough times

Postby asc » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:39 pm

I'm so sorry, it must be so hard. I just wondered if you had thought of going on a Christian Christmas break in the UK? I hope I'll be going to Bournemouth again.

Praying for you.
Ann www.annspoetry.weebly.com / www. annssmallpets.weebly.com
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
"You are God's masterpiece." Ephesians 2v10 God doesn't make junk!
asc

Postby sally » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:36 pm

Kezzie,

lots falling to you, I'm not surprised you are ready for a break after all that. Very hard not really having space to grieve yourself cos you are looking after others sounds draining.

I'm sorry Mr has been so poorly and isn't up to helping at home still.

Is there any chance of trying to arrange a long w/e away? I know that's not much, but it might give you a sense of escape and time off and away for the demands of wider family for just a short time.

I pray Father God to bring you His refreshing and renewing at this time, and for health for your husband.
Sally
sally

Postby Keziah » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Hi I work Wed and fri and cannot take any off so sadly a long weekend is out of the way. Christmas accommodation is so expensive so that rules that out plus family will expect to visit us etc.

Yes little time to grieve I think.
Keziah

Postby Hash » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:29 pm

Well done for posting darl,

I hope that you can find some rest in the coming days. What about little one going to those friends who offered
Hash

Postby Eppie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:07 am

hi Kezzie
What a difficult time :( Family illness is so very hard to deal with, on top of everything else, and I can imagine that not getting your planned for holiday is a really crushing blow just when you most need it.
It doesn't sound like there are any instant solutions, but I am thinking of you
E x
Eppie

Postby Keziah » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:58 pm

Son had 3 half days with people who offered but everyone who offered are now back at work or on holiday etc or live too far away. Those half days helped especially when hubby in theatre. It is more the emotional exhaustion now on top of feeling like I have not stopped that is the issue.
Keziah

Postby sally » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Kezzie,

I can hear how exhausted you are. It sounds like so much has fallen to you in the last year or so.
sorry help from friends has run out now they are back at work. I still wonder if some sort of break is possible? Maybe a w/e somewhere?

I hope your husband is recovering well since surgery. How long til he can get a bit more active, pick up your little boy and do a little more around the home?

I am praying for you, that Father God will come close and bring you comfort and provide a way for you to rest.
sally
sally

Postby Keziah » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Thanks Sally,
Recovery is happening, but is slower than we expected due to post surgery complications.
Am thankful for quieter times now - but yes as you say exhausted.

I am already looking forward to a holiday next year - no idea what yet!!

Guess am just concerned about getting physically ill later on due to the added stress and pressure on me the past month or so, as when have a child and a job being ill is not a realistic option anymore!! :lol:
Keziah

Postby Eppie » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:46 am

Thinking of you Kezzie and just wondering how you are all doing?
E x
Eppie

Postby Hash » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:19 pm

Yes how is hubbie and littly and how are you?

Have you stayed well.

Hash
Hash

Postby Keziah » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi, thanks for asking. Am at the exhausted stage really. Working, being a parent and not able to rest is not good for me but there is nothing I can do about it. I have just gone through the freezer and listed all the food and meals in there-- time to use up my stash or batch cooked meals to make life easier I think!!

Rest of family are doing ok thanks
Keziah

Postby Hash » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:48 pm

GOod plan, use up the stored meals and let yourself have a little break.

Glad Hubbie and baby are doing okay though and getting back to full health.

Hash
Hash

Postby Eppie » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:17 pm

well done for having pre prepared that stash! But I'm sorry you are so exhausted and in need of using them. Hard times.
E x
Eppie

Postby Keziah » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:56 pm

Thanks.
Hubby not able to do much so I am glad of some organisation previously! I have also had a lie in for the first time in many months (til 9am, yippee!!) which hopefully will help.
Keziah

Postby Hash » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:58 pm

Poor you if 9am is a lie in.

I am sorry that hubbie is still unable to do much.

Hash
Hash

Postby sally » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:56 pm

Hello Kezzie,

did your lie in til 9 am happen because your little boy slept in? That must have been a lovely start to one day. Any chance of a repeat?

I am sorry you are so exhausted, with no sight of a break.

I am praying for Father God to renew your strength, speed up healing for your husband and provide you with opportunities to catch up a bit. How is your mood through all of this?

best wishes, sally
sally

Postby sally » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:41 pm

How have you been feeling this week? I keep thinking of you and praying,
sally
sally

Postby Beautifully_Broken » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Thinking of you!

It must be so difficult having to take the strain of everything with hubby out of action.

Praying you feel God's loving care wrapping you up and filling you with energy. Hope hubby recovers soon and things can start getting back to 'normal' whatever that is!!

Love, Ruth
With Jesus I can take it,
With Him I know I can stand,
No matter what may come my way,
My life is in your hands.

It's lonely when you don't even know yourself...
Beautifully_Broken

Postby Keziah » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:52 pm

Thanks. Hubby is improving and able to work a bit now as well thanks.

The 9am was due to hubby getting up with little one and me missing a breastfed!!! Sadly he does sleep past 8, ever!!

I have had a handful of lies ins in last 12 months and 9-10am is when they end. Less than 5 in a year so this one was very welcome!!

Advantage of a baby alarm clock is it is great for sleep hygiene as I am constantly shattered!!

I am struggling and this illness of hubby was e last straw for me. No family around so I have not had a rest for ages and was so looking forward to our week away and some rest from the chaos of work and chaos of housework and how tiring that is. Am very thankful for my child but does not mean it is not hard when everything around me collapses!!!
Keziah

Next

Return to Self Harmers