Imagining self-harm

For and about self harmers / people with other issues

Imagining self-harm

Postby asc » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:03 pm

I find myself visualising harming frequently. Is this a safe, preventive measure, or is it really deeper? It's a bit like a symbolic ritual I used to do with a key long ago, before I'd ever heard of self-harm.
Ann www.annspoetry.weebly.com / www. annssmallpets.weebly.com
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
"You are God's masterpiece." Ephesians 2v10 God doesn't make junk!
asc

Re: Imagining self-harm

Postby Hash » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:47 pm

I think we all visualise self harm. If it is filling your mind ask Jesus to come and cleanse the thoughts of your mind and ask him to help you picture him with you in a garden or on a beach and ask him to speak to you.
Hash

Postby sally » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:01 pm

I have also had times when I have visualised SH but I don't think it was ever helpful for me. I also tended to only think of the positive - the relief it would bring - and completely ignore all the negative consequences.
I like Hash's suggestion of asking Jesus to help us create a safer scene to think about for when those images take over too much.
sally

Postby sally » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:22 pm

Hello Ann,

I'm not sure if I missed a mention that you might be going away, but aware you have not posted for a few days after feeling very low and struggling with urges.

I just wanted to make contact and say that i was still praying for you,

best wishes, Sally
sally

Postby asc » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:49 pm

Thank you for your prayers. Yes, I'm on a great retreat at the moment - back tomorrow. I'd value prayer as I prepare for the boiler replacement next Thursday/Friday - then I'm away from Monday to Thursday. I hope to sort out some photos for the competition.
Ann www.annspoetry.weebly.com / www. annssmallpets.weebly.com
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
"You are God's masterpiece." Ephesians 2v10 God doesn't make junk!
asc

Postby sally » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:03 am

Hello Ann,

I hope the retreat has been a helpful time for you.
I will be praying for you as you return home and make final preparations for the boiler team. And also for your time away at the start of next week.

best wishes, Sally
sally

Return to Self Harmers