My GP is leaving ** trig Sui**

For and about self harmers / people with other issues

Re: My GP is leaving ** trig Sui**

Postby Hash » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:14 pm

My husband has booked a gp appointment to get some tablets.

Counselling is a good idea!! All the counsellors in my area are really heavily booked.

My ward round went ok, Peter didnt make it. They could see I was heavily suocidal and upped my antidepressant to beyond the max dose. Leave is really up to my risk at the time.
Hash

Postby Keziah » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:42 pm

Glad ok ward round Hash. Could you ask your care co-ordination to organise a carer's assessment for Peter which might get support for him? Here it used to be a charity that offered support which was not amazing but it has now changed so that social services do the assessment and they have more resources available.

Glad he got gp appointment booked.

Is he having to travel far to see you or are you in a hospital near your house? I know when my husband had surgery recently it was in a local hospital but still hard to get there at visiting times.
Keziah

Postby Hash » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:21 am

Husbands meant to be getting a call from Wandsworth carers

Hospital is ten minutes drive, forty five minutes walk from my hous

Feeling just awful today cried myself to sleep and woke Jo crying
Hash

Postby Keziah » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:21 pm

Glad it is a local hospital for you. Hope the carer's people call and help.

Sorry you are so distressed. It can be so tough in hospital as well. So hoping today has improved for you and your distraction box helps you.
Keziah

Postby Hash » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:35 pm

I knew they'd upped my anti depressant too high cos now their changing it back. Want a new anti depressant anything to take this distress away.

Hash
Hash

Postby sally » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:53 pm

Hash,

sorry you still feel so awful.
Have you talked to the doctors at all about changing meds? Were you on the max dose before they tried to super increase it? I know docs are often not keen to do a meds change during a crisis, but I can hear how desperate you are.

Praying for you now,
sally
sally

Postby sally » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:12 pm

Hello Hash,

how are you feeling today?
thinking of you lots, sally
sally

Postby Hash » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:04 pm

Had an awful day yesterday. Doc refused to change meds even though he can apply to change my anti depressant to the super dose.

Peter got some tablets from the doc.

Out with Peter today much better.

Hash
Hash

Postby Keziah » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:59 pm

Glad Peter got something to help.

Shame they not increasing medication for you. Have they explained why? Have they put you back on the dose you were on before you were reducing under your gp/mental health team or back on the medication if you stopped it?

What are they doing to help you? Hope your box of activities is proving helpful for you.
Keziah

Postby Hash » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:48 pm

THey put me back on the max dose of my anti depressant.

They want me discharged sooner rather than later they want me out in the community.

Hash
Hash

Postby Keziah » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:37 pm

Discharge sounds encouraging. Will you be able to go back to your weekly therapy group for support? Hope things continue going well.
Keziah

Postby Hash » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:33 pm

On leave at the moment in Swanage

Much less suicidal

Just having a few days out of London with Peter

Hash
Hash

Postby sally » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:48 pm

Hash,

Sounds like your leave is working well. I am so glad the suicidal urges have eased.
Hoping it can be a good time for both of you,

sally
sally

Postby Hash » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:08 pm

Don't speak to soon! Im suicidal again and its not getting any better.

been doing nothing today, watched a film with hubbie but spent most of the day in bed.

Hash
Hash

Postby Keziah » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:04 pm

Are you discharged now or back in hospital? Hope the return of your medication to what you were on when you were stable is helping.

Sorry you struggled whilst on holiday, could you go to a hospital there if you still there and struggling?
Keziah

Postby Eppie » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:45 am

How are you today Hash?
E x
Eppie

Postby Hash » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:04 pm

I am back at home after being discharged on Monday, my discharge was very upsetting as I didnt see my regular psychiatrist and they got my meds all wrong. So far I have had the home treatment team coming in once a day and have been keeping busy with family and friends other times. I am not sleeping particularly well.

Peter is better after his little angry anxious spell and we are communicating well.

I had my review for my therapy on wednesday and they want me to guarantee I am not going to attempt suicide or self harm for the rest of therapy i.e. the next six months which we think is unreasonable. My thoughts are I just move to another form of self harm e.g. Starvation, binge and purge or I secretly self harm and they would never know.

I feel I am being pushed into a corner.

Not sure but I think we need to start a new thread as this seems like its going on forever.

Hash
Hash

Postby asc » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:59 pm

I do think 'no-harm' contracts cause more problems than they solve, and encourage secret, but more dangerous, forms of harm.
Ann www.annspoetry.weebly.com / www. annssmallpets.weebly.com
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
"You are God's masterpiece." Ephesians 2v10 God doesn't make junk!
asc

Postby Keziah » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi, sorry staffing meant you saw a different dr but glad you home and having daily support as you transition.

It is hard. The NHS seems to like a no harm contract etc. I lost the chance of group therapy once as I had been in hospital for two weeks. It seems to just be how they do it. It was explained to me as I needed to be stable for it to work. Also that if I was still exhibiting certain behaviours then the therapy was either not working or might be making me worse which they did not want!! Maybe they think it is too much for you?
Keziah

Postby Hash » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:46 pm

Maybe they do think it is too much for me or they want to keep the statistics good on their course and they dont want a Suicide on their hands.

I will just have to give it my best shot and if I dont get through the six months then that is okay.

My plan is to starve myself as that will have the same effect as cutting and they wont realise what I am doing as I have alot of weight to loose.

Hash
Hash

PreviousNext

Return to Self Harmers