My GP is leaving ** trig Sui**

For and about self harmers / people with other issues

My GP is leaving ** trig Sui**

Postby Hash » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:26 pm

Hi Peeps,

I am not a happy bunny, in fact I am really upset. My GP wrote me a letter and arranged a review and then she arranged for my new GP to sit in on the meeting.My new GP is called Melissa and she seems okay but I was so upset my own GP who I have worked through all sorts of stuff with is leaving. She is going to become a Partner in another practise which is a big promotion for her but I am gutted.

You know whats coming!

I immediately thought when I found out the news that I am going to self harm and that is what I am tempted to do but I am put off by the fact at a and E I have had really bad treatment of my wounds the last few times I self harmed.

From a very sad

Hash
Hash

Re: My GP is leaving

Postby Eppie » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:31 am

Oh Hash, I am sorry. I can totally see how distressing this is. How did the new gp seem?
And how did you get thru the evening? E x
Eppie

Postby asc » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:14 am

I'm so sorry. Please try to stay safe. It must be very hard having a new GP, but I'm glad the old one has done her best to introduce you. Is she going far away? Id not, I suppose there is no possibility of transferring to her practice?

Do take care.

Ann xx
Ann www.annspoetry.weebly.com / www. annssmallpets.weebly.com
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
"You are God's masterpiece." Ephesians 2v10 God doesn't make junk!
asc

Postby sally » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:57 pm

Hash,

how are you feeling today? Are urges still very strong. I can understand your response.
It is really hard when you have had a good relationship with one doctor to say goodbye to them and then need to get to know someone else and gradually build up trust with her. I'm glad Melissa seemed OK when you did meet her.

I'm praying the urges will ease and you can find safe ways to get through today and space to talk through what this change means for you,
best wishes, Sally
sally

Postby Hash » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm managing to keep myself busy and avoid harming as much as possible.

I think the urges are not as strong as the could be so thats good. One good thing is that my original GP has given me two weeks supply of Zopiclone so that I can sleep as without it I hardly sleep at all.

I have booked an appointment with the new GP, Melissa, in a week and a half.

I really feel raw about Toni moving on though, I can't cope with it. I have bought her a really special present and a card from both Peter and myself. It was her that got Peter all his treatment for his Kidneys.

Hash
Hash

Postby Keziah » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Hi- sadly people do have careers and move jobs, and it is horrible when that affects us. However, the fact that she bothered to arrange a meeting with you and and a new Gp for you is pretty amazing - I can't imagine that happening for many patients or at many dr's. And the fact you know her by her first name, that is quite unusual in my own experience. So at least they have gone over their professional duties to help you and it seems like they have chosen you a Gp they think will be best for you. I guess as you are under the Complex Care team that the Gp does not have too much say in what happens, so if you do not agree with what she says you can ask other dr's involved in your car
Keziah

Postby Hash » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:17 pm

My GP normally has quite alot of say in what i need and what care I get. The Complex needs service is a very small team so one Psychiatrist and a whole load of therapists and Psychologists.It is not going to be easy trusting a new GP, I can't really go running to the Psychiatrist as she is really busy and I only see her every 3 - 6 months.

I am not looking forward to discussing my sleep medication with her as I have no idea what she is going to do but hopefully an answer will come along somehow.

Hash
Hash

Postby sally » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:30 pm

I'm praying for you Hash.

I hope something helpful is found to improve your sleep as it's so hard when sleep becomes difficult.

Sally
sally

Postby Hash » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:01 pm

THanks Sally,

Sleeplesness is awful! I don't have any solutions to it apart from medication and trying to self soothe and practise sleep hygiene such as hot baths not using my mobile late at night reading a good book and a milky drink at night oh yes and storytime on my iPod.

Hash
Hash

Postby sally » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:40 pm

Hash,

sounds like you are doing all the right stuff to try to get some sleep. I will pray that improves.

How are you feeling today?

Sally
sally

Postby Hash » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:15 pm

Really horrid! I've gota fluey cold, I can barely speak just croak.
Hash

Postby asc » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:53 pm

I do hope the cold etc. settle soon.
Ann www.annspoetry.weebly.com / www. annssmallpets.weebly.com
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
"You are God's masterpiece." Ephesians 2v10 God doesn't make junk!
asc

Postby Keziah » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:22 pm

Ouch, colds are horrible. Hope better soon.
Keziah

Postby sally » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:56 pm

Hash,

how are you feeling today? I pray the lurgy clears up quickly.

Sally
sally

Postby Hash » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:06 pm

Much better,

I really rested and made the most of trying to be chilled and rest and I am much much better, I can speak.

Hash
Hash

Postby Keziah » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:34 pm

Hope 2 days further on you are feeling even better Hash!
Keziah

Postby Eppie » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:21 am

Glad your voice is back Hash! Have you been able to do anything nice over the weekend?
E x
Eppie

Postby Hash » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:38 pm

Not really, I am still really bunged up and headachy so I am limited, we went out for a meal and took the dogs to the groomers.

Peter has got the lurgy now and my mum so my mum had the day off today, Peter doesn't stop working for anything unless he is seriously ill and impaired.

I am not able to take my sleeping medication tonight, I have to go back on the other one so I am ready for a sleepless night.

I see the new Doctor Melissa on Wednesday evening so we will see what she has to say.

Hash
Hash

Postby sally » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:43 pm

Hash,

I hope all the lurgies clear up really fast.

Praying for you tonight, not able to take your regular sedative. And praying for you as you meet with your new GP tomorrow evening.

best wishes, sally
sally

Postby Hash » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Lurgies are clearing up very slowly, my dad now has the bug and I am blowing green stuff out my nose at a rate of knots.

Didn't sleep till 3:30, 4 ish this morning and got another night of it tonight.

Please can you pray for my meeting with the Doctor at 5:10pm tomorrow, I really need to get some more Zopiclone otherwise I am going to go insane not sleeping I just can't cope.

Sally hope your okay, not heard your news for a long time.

Hash
Hash

Next

Return to Self Harmers