My GP is leaving ** trig Sui**

For and about self harmers / people with other issues

Re: My GP is leaving ** trig Sui**

Postby Keziah » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:49 pm

I doubt it is stats. I guess the reality is if you been in hospital they have to consider if it is working or worth you continuing or making you worse? The more you struggle the less likely they will want you to struggle with the therapy? How long do you have left of it?
Keziah

Postby Hash » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:57 pm

Six months

I am not allowed to attend therapy so we can't see if I'm struggling with it.
Hash

Postby Keziah » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Oh - have they said you are to stop your group therapy now?

I attended 5 weeks of group therapy once (my only experience of it) but deteriorated, ended up in hospital for 2 weeks and was told that was the end of that. No more group therapy for me!! And nothing replaced it. I eventually got given a care co-ordinator, a social worker, months later.

It seems to be like that in the NHS sadly.

What support do you have? Do you have a support worker provided by social care, if you classed as a vulnerable adult (which you would be easily) you could maybe get funding for one. They can help you go out of the house, do activities etc. A friend of mine had one who visited once a week for several hours. Just thinking of alternatives that may help you. Have you self referred to adult social care, as you can do. You can also request a CAF meeting as a vulnerable adult, to have a joined up meeting with all professionals involved in your care, with you present or a representative to help you have a plan of action to help you keep safe and move forward, if you not already had one.
Keziah

Postby Hash » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:56 pm

I am allowed to attend therapy if I agree to their proposal of no self harm for the next six months.I have a meeting with the therapist tomorrow to discuss the proposal of no self harm for six months. I am not giving in to their proposal, no way.

I am sorry kezzie that you had a bad experience of therapy in a group. It is really hard to deal with.

I am under the home treatment team until such a time as I can come up with a compromise with the consultant and my therapist.

Hash
Hash

Postby sally » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:42 pm

Hash,

ive been catching up on your posts after being away from home and internet access.

How often are the home care team coming round at the moment? How are urges?

I agree with you that it is not reasonable to be asked to sign a 'no harm' contract. Would you be willing to discuss an 'I'll do my best not to harm' contract or something like that? How did the meeting with your therapist work out?

Sally
sally

Postby Hash » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:31 pm

Home Treatment Team are dischargingg me on monday they come in every day.

I had a good meeting with the Consultant and my therapist today and it went along the lines that I will do everything I can to make sure I dont harm and they will do there utmost to support me in terms of extra sessions and teleohone contact and I will be allowed a slip up but it will be analysed intently.

Hash
Hash

Postby Keziah » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:33 pm

Sounds good. Extra support and extra sessions to help. And allow one slip up too is a good compromise to a no harm contract. Maybe they are trying to get you to use strategies or support and this might be a real opportunity for you to help break the cycle. I am impressed they listened to you and I hope that helps you.

Have you asked them for a carer's assessment and support for your hubby?
Keziah

Postby Hash » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:32 pm

He doesn't want a carers assessment I gave him the details of the wandsworth carers and he didnt want to phone them. He doesnt like the attention to be on him
Hash

Postby sally » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:38 pm

Hash,

I'm really pleased you have come up with a plan with the consultant and therapist. I hope that works to be helpful to you.

How are urges at the moment, with the prospect of the daily care team coming to an end on Monday?

praying, sally
sally

Postby asc » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:13 pm

I'm so glad you have been able to come up with this plan and pray that things will go well after the Home Care Team stop their visits.
Ann www.annspoetry.weebly.com / www. annssmallpets.weebly.com
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
"You are God's masterpiece." Ephesians 2v10 God doesn't make junk!
asc

Postby Hash » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:49 pm

My urges are nil at the moment I don't have anything to harm with.

Hash
Hash

Postby sally » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Hash,

sounds like things were more settled over the w/e. How have you been feeling so far this week?

Sally
sally

Previous

Return to Self Harmers