[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum - Adullam Ministries • View topic - Website

Website

For and about self harmers / people with other issues

Website

Postby Abbie » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:58 am

Hello everyone!

Now that I'm back in the land of the living, I'm planning to do some more work on the website, updating things and adding new contaent. I would really appreciate any ideas you could give me - you guys are experts too, and I would really value your input!

We are also looking at how to become a registered charity and what kind of things we could do apart from running the website. Any ideas for further work we could do would be fantastic.

No idea is too crazy!

Love,
Abs.
Abbie

Postby Jessica Mace » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:56 pm

Jessica Mace

Postby Esther » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:39 pm

Esther

respite/safe place

Postby sheepish » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:46 pm

one challenge i have is respite but did go to healing centre and then they said i couldnt go without carer no carer = no respite
guess where this is going is there a need for list of safe places to go for respite
just because we sh doesnt mean christian things not important
sheepish

Some thoughts!

Postby Sophia » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:20 am

I am a member of ABC- a Christian organisation which supports people with eating disorders and people caring for them. What I really like about that is that they send out a quarterly magazine with helpful articles, interviews etc. Maybe that would be a possible idea?
I think the Adullam organisation seems great though (from what I've seen), so thanks, and any improvements will just add to that!
Sophia. :)
Sophia

Artistic Expression

Postby Hope » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:16 pm

I've only just found your website, and I like what I've discovered so far, so well done and thank you :) As someone so new to this site, I hope you don't mind me diving in with ideas so soon! I have been very involved in another website forum which has been such a wonderful source of support to me over recent months. One of the things I like about that forum is that in addition to the 'Emergency' section where you post when you need support, there are other different sections, for example 'Artistic Expression' where you can post poetry, put up pictures etc. And there's a 'Fun and games' section where mindless stuff like word association games are posted - great distraction when fighting the urge to harm. There's a section where you can talk about anything except self-harm, which means that if you're feeling triggered, its a safe place to go and chill out and chat with friends on the forum and get to know each other better. There's lots of other great sections I could mention too, but maybe it's best not to try too many things at once!

It's great to discover this forum :)
Hope

Postby pojamas » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:55 am

Having a drop in centre? I tend to stay away from web sites as i feel people can rely on them too much and end up obsessing over them (thats not intended to offend anyone, its jsut how i see things within myself). But having a place or a call line where you can talk to someone who understands. Meeting you and Anna has helped me as its the first people i have met who have been there. It helped me see that im not alone.
pojamas

Postby janice » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:02 pm

the games are always a great success on another site I go to...one of the most popular is a race to 100....the girls add numbers, the boys subtract....normally we win cos there's more of us!! but it's good fun.

Janice
janice

Postby asc » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:32 pm

It would be great if we could register as a charity. That would mean that we could claim Gift Aid on donations - 25% of the donation at the current tax rate, with a further 3% Government uplift for the next 2½ years. Charities can also register with search engines such as Everyclick, and encourage their members to use them - each click makes a small donation to the charity you choose (unlike Google). Also, having a charity number would give us more 'clout' for approaching trusts etc. (You might guess that Gift Aid is part of my responsibility at the charity where I work!)

I choose to do my own Christmas cards and always make a small donation to small charities (including Adullam this year). That way I get the pictures and words I want, and charities of MY choice - usually too small or little-known to do their own cards.

As Hope suggested, a Creative Corner for poems or links to Photobucket would be good.

The suggestion of a sticky topic with encouraging Bible passages and how they helped us sounds great, and I would also suggest a sticky topic of hymns etc. which have helped us - especially the beautiful one quoted by TMN - "Somebody prayed for me" - and "Brother, sister, let me serve you."

This is a great site, and I'm so glad I found it.
Ann www.annspoetry.weebly.com / www. annssmallpets.weebly.com
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
"You are God's masterpiece." Ephesians 2v10 God doesn't make junk!
asc

Postby Bob » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:19 am

Sorry for the long delay, we do read these suggestions, but are somewhat busy with a small girl who arrived last november...

Registering as a Charity is in the works, and I'm working on various upgrades etc. There is currently nothing to stop people making threads of encouraging verses/hymns, in fact there are several of them.
Due to a recent spam bout I disabled images on the forum, but I'm working on a technical upgrade, which will see those reintroduced.

have fun, and keep the ideas coming...

Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Return to Self Harmers