Not a good spell

For and about self harmers / people with other issues

Not a good spell

Postby asc » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:12 am

I've had some really bad days. For the last couple of weeks I've had some physical problems which necessitated adding propranolol to my blood pressure cocktail. Whether it is coincidence or not, I don't know, but I've been having a lot of joint pain. I also had my 'annual' gas inspection yesterday. This means a lot of moving things around and has reminded me how much I need to do, which makes me very discouraged. I also have what is almost a phobia about people coming to the house (picked up from Mum), which made anticipation of this really hard. I even struggled with the rat show on Saturday.

The self-harm urges have been really strong, and also a desire to sleep and not wake up. I just feel that all I have to look forward to are years of pain and health problems, and I dread it. Sometimes I think it's harder for Christians with the anticipation of a world with no suffering etc.
Ann www.annspoetry.weebly.com / www. annssmallpets.weebly.com
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
"You are God's masterpiece." Ephesians 2v10 God doesn't make junk!
asc

Re: Not a good spell

Postby sally » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:18 pm

Hello,

sorry to hear you are feeling lower and things are feeling difficult. I also dislike people coming into my home but I know it is a bigger deal for you. The piles of things that need sorting keep growing, don't they! You did well to get yourself to the rat show.

What helps with the joint pain? Does the TENs do much?
It's OK to lie low for a bit, especially as the weather turns colder and wetter. Perhaps that's what you need for a little bit to regather your energy. Can you rest and listen to Premier Radio or some Christian music so you hear some good things spiritually.

thinking of you lots, Sally
sally

Postby Keziah » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi,
sorry a difficult few days. It is hard with chronic health problems - I know that and I am in my 30's. I don't have any answers, but I know I have had to accept there are things I can't do and try to enjoy what I can (my lungs are wrecked so can't do much physically) which is taking time. Would you consider getting in a cleaner = even if just once a month, to help keep on top of things. This is what someone suggested to me and said don't worry about the state of your house, cleaners are there to clean not judge!

Hope as weather changes you have some better days = some nice sunny autumnal days need to come, for us all .
Keziah

Postby asc » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Unfortunately I can't use TENS on fingers, toes etc.! I'm also not supposed to use it in bed.

Better than I was yesterday.
Ann www.annspoetry.weebly.com / www. annssmallpets.weebly.com
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
"You are God's masterpiece." Ephesians 2v10 God doesn't make junk!
asc

Postby Keziah » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:30 pm

Does a hot water bottle/pad help? That is what I use all the time.

Glad today better, an improvement.
Keziah

Postby Eppie » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:28 am

Like the cleaner idea Kezzie. Would that be an option Ann?
Lots of my friends have them (I live in such a small flat that it's not necessary for me!)
E x
Eppie

Return to Self Harmers