Doing quite well

For and about self harmers / people with other issues

Doing quite well

Postby asc » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:22 pm

Although I occasionally harm mildly, I'm doing fairly well. I'm coming to the end of some short-term counselling for a particular area of my life and feel I have made progress, although I have a lot of practical work to do, as I've neglected the house over the years since Mum died. I also need to do some practical work on budgeting, as I am spending more than my monthly income - although some has been unavoidable, or several things coming together.

I feel I'm coping with some things much better - especially the way I was given such peace about handling a difficult situation at the committee meeting the other week.

I'm looking forward to things with our new Salvation Army officers.

Still having some physical problems - not coping too well with the hot, humid weather, and my neck causes problems.

Just come back from a great four days on a Digital Imaging course. I'm sad that we won't be able to use the very special venue at Sunbury Court next year, but it was very informative. Next weekend is the monthly rat show in which I help with the administration.
Ann www.annspoetry.weebly.com / www. annssmallpets.weebly.com
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
"You are God's masterpiece." Ephesians 2v10 God doesn't make junk!
asc

Re: Doing quite well

Postby Hash » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Glad your doing so well,

Sorry to hear about the physical problems with your neck etc but its great your managing so well.

With the house break the big job into small manageable weekly chunks and I am sure you will get there.

Thinking of you Ann and we have missed you on the forum, its really good that you are surviving in that world out there as at times its not easy.

Hash
Hash

Re: Doing quite well

Postby sally » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:38 pm

Hello Ann,

it's lovely to read your update and to hear that you have been feeling a bit better and managing in various challenging environments.
The computer course sounds like something I'd have enjoyed too, but I know you'll use your new skills much more than I seem to do!

You've got the cooler weather you must have been hoping for. That hot spell was very extreme.
Glad you've got the rat show to keep you out of mischief now!

Sally
sally

Return to Self Harmers