'Be Creative' retreat

For and about self harmers / people with other issues

'Be Creative' retreat

Postby asc » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:52 am

I'm on a "Be Creative" retreat this week.

I have been absolutely dreading the inter-rat-club summit, because of the autocracy which is the LSCMRC, but through something which came up in art yesterday I can now view it in a much more relaxed, and even humorous manner. I know that if Eric does go there will be a lot of ill-feeling. A book I read ages ago came to mind - "Building with Bananas" - irregularly shaped bricks - and I found myself picturing those who leave me feeling stressed, angry or both as bananas. God hs sense of humour!

I've written three poems, a few prayer-meditations and done two pieces of very thought-provoking and spontaneous felt-tip art - along with one I did on Helen's 2-day retreat. You may know the I don't 'do' spontneous!

Tuesday we had a good talk on getting rid of the lbes we or other people put on us/ Just afterwards someone slapped the label "Asperger's" on me.I do have my suspicions, but to hear it from someone who doesn't know me hurt! Then I remembered the Max Lucado story "I'm special" about a little wooden Wemmick. Each time they made a mistake, the others would stick dot on them. Poor Punchinello always had dots , not stars. Then one day he met Lucy. She ws unusual, any dots or strs just wouldn't stick! He askedher how this was, and she said it was because shespent time each day with Eli, the Carpenter, who made them. Punchinello went with her and, as he went each day, the dots stopped sticking!

I made a phone callto Mulberry House and found Florence Joseph so encouraging.

Please excuse typing errors, temperamental keyboard, and I can'tsee straight!

Ann
Ann www.annspoetry.weebly.com / www. annssmallpets.weebly.com
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
"You are God's masterpiece." Ephesians 2v10 God doesn't make junk!
asc

Re: 'Be Creative' retreat

Postby sally » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi Ann,

great to hear how inspiring and thought provoking the retreat was for you. I wish I still had a non-competitive,womens writing group to get me writing.

I get what you mean about the diagnosis label thing _ shame about that.

thinking of you in this heat, Sally
sally

Postby asc » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:30 pm

Came home and found my oldest rat dead and partly cannibalised.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
asc

Postby Frodosgirl » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:50 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that, it must have been an awful shock for you Ann. I am praying for you x
One more day.....
Frodosgirl

Postby asc » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:06 pm

Thank you. Another one has a scratched eye.
asc

Postby Frodosgirl » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:21 am

How is the rat with the scratched eye? How are you, Ann?
One more day.....
Frodosgirl

Postby asc » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:19 pm

ReepiSheep had that eye removed yesterday. Apart from disliking the hot weather - as do all the others, he's doing well.

The start of the Summit was a bit hairy as someone crossed me off the club delegate list, although another committee member had asked me to represent them! However, I just asked those two and the chairman to sort it out together! It's amazing how the Lord gave me such peace about it.

I have some worries about longer-term finance at present and need to do some real budgeting.

Pretty good, though.
asc

Postby Keziah » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi

Glad you enjoyed parts of the retreat and was able to find someone to encourage you at the right time.

Gosh Asc, I really admire you keeping such difficult pets - they are definitely keeping you on your toes with their behaviours! I hope the surgery went well and your budgeting goes well for you.

Keziah
Keziah

Return to Self Harmers