Happy Thread

For and about self harmers / people with other issues

Re: Happy Thread

Postby asc » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:48 am

Well done!
Ann www.annspoetry.weebly.com / www. annssmallpets.weebly.com
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
"You are God's masterpiece." Ephesians 2v10 God doesn't make junk!
asc

Postby sally » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:03 pm

I was encourage today when I opened the prayer guide I use from CARE Christian Action, Research and Education, who seek to make a Christian difference through prayer.

So many people will have prayed today for us and others who stuggle with DSH and ED's

"Remember those who self-harm - a problem that affects at least one in fifteen young people in the UK - and also those with eating disorders. Pray that sufferers will have the treatment and care that will help them live free. Amen

obviously for those of us who are not so young too - I'm in my forties! God cares about us all.
Sally
sally

Postby Beautifully_Broken » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:18 am

Reading through all these happy posts have distracted me and made me smile, when it's the last thing I feel like doing.

Thank you everyone for the love, care, hope and inspiration that you are to me. :)

Love Ruth x

ps - I haven't dissappeared of the face of the planet, I've been overwhelmed by exams, studying, the end of term and job hunting!
With Jesus I can take it,
With Him I know I can stand,
No matter what may come my way,
My life is in your hands.

It's lonely when you don't even know yourself...
Beautifully_Broken

Postby asc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:09 am

Great to see you, Ruth. Wishing you luck in job-hunting. Well done in the exams.

I'm booked in for a short course of fortnightly counselling with the head of counselling at Burrswood. Being fortnightly (not planned) spreads the cost, too.

Starting rat judge training and also acting Show Secretary for the rat section of the London and Southern Counties Rat and Mouse Club!

Managed to do a bit more yesterday.
Ann www.annspoetry.weebly.com / www. annssmallpets.weebly.com
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
"You are God's masterpiece." Ephesians 2v10 God doesn't make junk!
asc

Postby Beautifully_Broken » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:11 pm

Today signifies the end of college. This is what I have described it as on Facebook.

"It has been a year of making new friends. Extreme highs and desperate lows, laughter and tears, hospital admissions, operations and feeling well again, loving and hating chemistry at the same time, hard work, no cash, stress, death, finding out who your true friends are and realising that God will always provide. I've surprised many people by completing and passing my college course, including myself. I can't believe that's me finished at Stow. It's been a good year despite everything and I'm really sad to be leaving, but I trust that I'm working to God's plan and timeline and not my own."

I did it. I have proved I can do it despite having loads of things thrown at me. This makes me sad, but a happy kind of sad, this is the first thing that I've come to the end of that I really didn't want to end. I'm proud of myself for sticking at it and not giving up. I couldn't have done it without you all! :) Thank you! xx
With Jesus I can take it,
With Him I know I can stand,
No matter what may come my way,
My life is in your hands.

It's lonely when you don't even know yourself...
Beautifully_Broken

Postby Keziah » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:03 pm

I am so happy to read your post Ruth ... well done for passing your course :D
Keziah

Postby Eppie » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:18 am

Proud of you too Ruth... fab acheivement!!! :)))
Eppie

Previous

Return to Self Harmers