[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum - Adullam Ministries • View topic - Welcome

Welcome

For and about people who care for self harmers / people with other issues

Welcome

Postby Abbie » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:49 am

I've never been in the position where someone I love dearly and see day to day self-harms. I can only imagine how worried and helpless someone in this situation must feel. I remember that in my days of self-harm, one of the things that kept my friends going was being able to talk to one another, encourage one another, and discuss with one another what they could do to help.

I really hope that you will use this forum to do that. I pray that people will build relationships where they can be honest about how hard it is to care for someone causing themselves harm, and find sympathy, encouragement and advice.

I really look forward to reading posts and getting to know people here.
Abbie

Postby intheshelterofthemosthigh » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:12 pm

Hi, thanks for putting so much time and so much of your heart into this. Bless you for recognising that there is a Christian response to this, and not just what the world offers. Let's pray that we all grow closer to Christ as he leads us through this...
intheshelterofthemosthigh

Postby teacher2b06 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:11 am

teacher2b06

Postby smurf » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:57 pm

You may notice that from the harmers part that I am a harmer. The thing is that I am also on the other side. One of my friends almost died from anorexia and she reminds me quite a bit that it was thanks to me that she is still here because she never saw me cry but when she collapsed on the pool side i panicked and broke down in tears and I also tried to make sure she ate something, even if it was the tiniest piece of bread!

I have also almost got myself in trouble from the Child protection point of view becasue I had a 13 year old telling me her problems - I was one of the people she could open up to about her SH and eating problems but then it got to the stage where even my advice couldn't help her and instead of just asking her to speak to a professional I had to really distance myself from her and TELL her to speak to a professional. She is still in my prayers but there is no way she can talk to me as much as she used to because it won't help her.

Also my boyfriends brother-in-law has had quite a hard time of it and his way of reacting is to OD.

I seem to attract people with problems but the difference between me and them is that they can talk about it whereas I cant and have only recently started being fully honest about stuff. One thing that I have found out is that you cannot be there for others until you can be there for yourself!
smurf

Helpless

Postby claire » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:17 am

claire

Postby Eppie » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:47 pm

Eppie

Postby BeautyForAshes » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:10 am

"... to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." (Isaiah 61:3)
BeautyForAshes

Postby smurf » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:53 am

Praying for your friend Claire!!!
smurf

Postby Foxyroxy » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:46 pm

Foxyroxy

Postby Abbie » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:45 pm

Abbie

Return to Carers