Prayer request for a friend with depression

For and about people who care for self harmers / people with other issues

Prayer request for a friend with depression

Postby asc » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Tonight I rang an elderly Christian friend whom I hadn't heard from for a long time. Apparently he has been extremely depressed for a year now and, although better than he was, is still unable to summon up the motivation to do much. He used to enjoy travelling on the continent and take a few ladies up to Cautley House once a year. He has just been getting repeat prescriptions from his GP and I have explained to him how it is often necessary to change the medication from time to time to get the best results. He has said he will ask.

I said that he might be helped by counselling or therapy, but realise that this is often more difficult for men, especially those who come from a practical, rather than academic background.

His name is Derek, and I would value prayer for him.
Ann www.annspoetry.weebly.com / www. annssmallpets.weebly.com
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
"You are God's masterpiece." Ephesians 2v10 God doesn't make junk!
asc

Re: Prayer request for a friend with depression

Postby Keziah » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:58 am

Hi,
it sounds like you were able to suggest some helpful options there asc - and definitely just getting repeat medication isn't always beneficial if they are not doing what the gp may assume they are.
Keziah

Return to Carers