Christmas 2013

Chat about anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere. Sport, TV, the weather...

Christmas 2013

Postby Keziah » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:40 pm

I cannot believe I have written a title with the word Christmas in it! Time seems to be going so fast.

Wonder if anyone done anything nice so far? Christmas markets, concerts, shows (shhh, even shopping!!) yet?

I took my little one to see the John Lewis Bear and the Hare and got a nice photo! He had a Santa say hello to him, which he ip totally ignored, as if it was normal to see a man dressed in that way :D
Keziah

Re: Christmas 2013

Postby Eppie » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:14 pm

Sounds as if you are doing some nice things so far Kezzie!
I am enjoying choir practices for our carols by candlelight service, and playing in the band too, so a multitasking night ahead!
How are others doing? I know it's a hard time for some - are there nice things that you can do in the run up to Christmas?
E x
Eppie

Postby Keziah » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Oh carols by candlelight sounds fun. Do you get light to play by? One year we did not, thankfully I had Christmas tree lights, which helped a bit!!

I find Christmas hard too which is why I am trying to do nice things to stop it being hard. Not sure if it will work but know being kind to myself helps so trying to do new traditions that are mine and happy. Worth a try I thought.

I a, going to a children's carol service this weekend ( or next?!) which will be nice.
Keziah

Postby Eppie » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:38 pm

We should have lights! Must have been tricky without!
Like the thought of doing nice things to help with the hardness of it. Hope the children's carol service is nice too.
E x
Eppie

Postby sally » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Aren't children funny, not responding as we expect. At least he wasn't frightened, kezzie! You are doing really well trying to create some good experiences around Christmas. I pray that will help you and make it a very special time for your little boy.

I'm singing in a last minute at our carol service this Sunday. I'd love to have more rehearsals and I really enjoy singing, but we only ever put a choir together the week before. I'm an alto and am still struggling at one point to pitch my note, but got a few more days to practise and a last sing earlier on Sunday.

I got out my advent candles too but don't do much other decorating cos I won't be in my flat for Christmas itself. I've found it really hard to settle to write Christmas cards this year. I realised I'd manage that better in a morning, but I'm never home at that time a day. So I changed my schedule and have finally finished all of them this morning. I get myself caught up in wanting to buy 'perfect' presents for everyone which makes the shopping really stressful and has triggered worse times around food.

How are others going?
sally

Return to Chit Chat