Free contributions to charities!

Chat about anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere. Sport, TV, the weather...

Free contributions to charities!

Postby asc » Mon May 09, 2011 9:42 am

I thought I'd just point out a couple of ways we can contribute to charities in normal computer use without costing us a penny.

Although Adullam Ministries is not a registered charity, so we cannot support that, any registered charity can join for no expense, just by going to www.everyclick.com and following the instructions. It is worth telling any organisations, including local charities, who have a charity number, about this. Once they have joined they should let their supporters know by website, email or mail, and ask that they use it as their main search engine.

In a similar way, the public can go to the same website, register and every time they use this (a branch of Yahoo) as their search engine the sponsors make a small donation to the charity of their choice. There are a wide selection - animal charities, religious charities, health charities etc. - often local. Although the amounts are small, they mount up and when I worked for a charity we found it worthwhile.

I only use Google for image searches and some music, and find everyclick very good as my home page.

Another useful site is www.childhealth.com. Although we are supporting charities in the United States, just by clicling on each tab we can support the rainforest, child health, breast cancer detection, animal care and hunger prevention. By clicking on their buttons each day, we can get their sponsors to make a donation each day. We can set up a daily email alert.

As former charity worker, I feel very strongly about this. I also feel very strongly that every UK taxpayer should make their charitable gifts by Gift Aid. Why should the Government benefir from the tax when it could go to the charity! It only entails a simple form, or even a telephone declaration. It is for donations where you do not receive benefits in return - i.e. are not paying for something (like the church minibus) Your responsibility is to let the charity know if your details change, or if you stop paying income tax or Capital Gains Tax! I used to administer Gift Aid at Build Africa, hence my passion for it. This also applies to church donations.
Ann www.annspoetry.weebly.com / www. annssmallpets.weebly.com
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
"You are God's masterpiece." Ephesians 2v10 God doesn't make junk!
asc

Re: Free contributions to charities!

Postby sally » Mon May 09, 2011 11:57 am

Hi Ann,

I used to use a site that gave to charity each time I click online, but they changed their default search engine from Google to Yahoo, which I'm not keep on, so I stopped. I'll look at the link you suggest. I've got links to giving to Breast cancer etc by clicking on their tab.

Good to remind us,
thanks, sally
sally

Re: Free contributions to charities!

Postby asc » Mon May 09, 2011 3:11 pm

That's Yahoo, too. I agree that it's not as good as Google in some areas - especially images, but I use it as a first port of call and use Google only if necessary.
Ann www.annspoetry.weebly.com / www. annssmallpets.weebly.com
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
"You are God's masterpiece." Ephesians 2v10 God doesn't make junk!
asc

Return to Chit Chat