Angry - furious!

Chat about anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere. Sport, TV, the weather...

Angry - furious!

Postby asc » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:38 pm

All I wanted to know was the closing time of a particular bank (not my usual one) in town - nothing complicated or secure.

The daleks appear to have taken over! No option for speaking to a human. I was asked for my account number. On entering a fictitious number twice, I was told I would be transferred to a customer assistant. Great. Long wait with a horrendous, repetitive din which reminded me of the old Countdown "music." At last - "I am ***, how may I help you?" I explained that I wanted the opening hours of the two branches in Calverley Road + town. " I'm sorry, I can't hear you, please spell it." Second attempt - spelling it out - still can't understand. I gave up! I'm used to working with people from India and have no trouble understanding them, and think I speak reasonably clearly. If they must use telephone centres in Mumbai they could at least familiarise their staff with the branch names. I'm so glad my bank has local numbers.
Ann www.annspoetry.weebly.com / www. annssmallpets.weebly.com
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12v9
"You are God's masterpiece." Ephesians 2v10 God doesn't make junk!
asc

Return to Chit Chat