Summer looks like it is over

Chat about anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere. Sport, TV, the weather...

Summer looks like it is over

Postby Keziah » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:45 pm

Hi, hope people have enjoyed the British summer - as today I almost put on my winter coat, instead choosing my waterproof one! Unsure whether it is time to pack away summer clothes or whether there will be a warmer spell again.

Hope people have enjoyed possibly a few days away, a holiday or enjoying local areas.

I have managed some time visiting family, some trips to a beach and lots of National Trust visits recently!
Keziah

Re: Summer looks like it is over

Postby sally » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:08 pm

Hi Kezzie,

glad you managed to sort a variety of times away and days out. At least earlier in August we had lovely weather.

I was around for most of the summer but am just back from 10 days camping in Dorset. Lots of dampish days but I still appreciated the time away and we did things between the showers. Brought a wet tent home today so we'll need to put it up at Mums in the garden when i'm next there. I don't feel very enthusiastic about being back and the restart of other routines - they seem like demands at the moment, rather than good things to do! The forecasters are hoping for some warmer weather for this week so that will be nice for when any of us have time off.

How about others?

Sally
sally

Postby Eppie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Did you get your tent dry, Sally? And how are you doing with back to routines? I had a 6 day UK hol, a trip to see my gran who isn't very well, and a work trip. It seems to have got a bit warmer again!
E x
Eppie

Postby sally » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi Eppie,

I'm so pleased you got a few short breaks. You seem to be so busy with the increased demands of work.

Yes, it's been nice to have some extra warmer days back. I did duvet dive for a couple of days and cancel everything but have got back to most of the regular stuff I do.

How are others?

Sally
sally

Postby Keziah » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:27 pm

hi Sally, camping sounds fun. Hope you got the tent dry for next time! as I write it has been a glorious day and yet again I chose wrong clothes so was hot! But enjoyed a lovely walk today - somewhere local I had never been to!

Hope by now Sally your routines are going ok and even being useful or pleasurable.

Eppie, sounds some different trips there. Hard when people not well. But hope nice to just get away as well.

Though have discovered I hate unpacking more than packing!
Keziah

Postby Eppie » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:28 am

We should swap...I'm a driven unpacker and a v e r y s l ow packer!
Eppie

Postby Keziah » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Ad thread title is wrong - a glorious week, weather wise!!

I hate unpacking too. I am good at packing up to come home - as have to bring it all back and it is usually in one space. But not so good when home.
Keziah

Return to Chit Chat